Nama : Dede Nursidik
Npm : 10208311
Kelas : 4 EA03
Tugas :B. Inggris 2
Exercise 10 Subject-Verb Agreement
Choose the correct form of the verb in parentbeses in the following sentences
- John, along with twenty friends, are planning a party.
- The picture of the soldiers brings back many memories.
- The quality of these recordings are not very good.
- If the duties of these officers aren”t reduced, there will not be enough time to finish the project.
- The effects of cigarette smoking have been proven to be extremely harmful.
- The use of credit cards in plance of cash has increased rapidly in recent years.
- Advertisements on television is becoming more competitive than ever before.
- Living expences in this country, as well as in many others, are at an all-time high.
- Mr. Jones, a companied by several members of the committee has proposed some changes of the rules.
- The levels of intoxication vary from subject to subject.
Exercise 11 Subject-Verb Agreement
Choose the correct form of the verb in the following sentences
- Neither Bill nor Mary is going to the play tonight.
- Anything is better than going to another movie tonight.
- Skating are becoming more popular every day.
- A number of repoters was at the conference yesterday.
- Everybody who has a fever must go home immediately.
- Your glasses were on the bureau last hight.
- There was some people at the meeting last night.
- The committee has already reached a decision.
- A pair of jeans was in the washing machine this morning.
- Each student has answered the first three questions.
- Either john or his wife make breakfash each morning.
- After she had perused the material, the secretary decided that everyting was in order.
- The crowd at the basketball game was wild with excitement.
- A pack of wild dogs have fringhtened all the ducks away.
- The jury is trying to reach a decision.
- The army has eliminated this section of the training test.
- The number of student who have with drawn from class this quarter are appaling.
- There has been too many interruptions in this class.
- Every elementary school teacher has to take this examination.
- Neither Jill nor her parents have seen this movie before.
Exercise 4 Articles
In the following sentences supply the articles (a, an, or the) if they are necessary. If no article is necessary, leave the space blank.
- Jason”s father bought him a bicycle that he had wanted for his birthday.
- The statue of Liberty was a gift or friendship from france to United States.
- Rita is studying an English and ar the math this semester.
- The judge asked a witness to tell the truth.
- Please give me a cup of coffe with cream and sugar.
- A big books on the table are for my history class.
- No one in Spanish class knew a correct answer to the Mrs. Perez”s question.
- My a car is four years old and it still runs well.
- When you go to store, please buy a bottle of chocolate milk and dozen oranges.
- There are only a few seats left for the tonight”s musical at university.
- John and Marcy went to school yesterday and then studied in library before return ning home.
- Lake Eric is one of the five Great Lakes in the North America.
- On our trip to Spain, we crossed the Atlantic Ocean.
- The Mount Rushmore is the site of a magnificent tribute to the four great American presidents.
- What did you eat for breakfast this morning.
- Louie played basketball and basketball at the Boys” Club this years.
- Rita plays a violin and her sister plays a guitar.
- While we were in the Alaska , we saw Eskimo village.
- Phil can”t go to the movies tonight because he has to write essay.
- David attended Princetom University.
- Harry has been admitted to School of Medicine at Midwestern university.
- Mel”s grandmother is in the hospital, so we went to visit her the last night.
- Political science class is taking a trip to the Soviet Union in spring.
- The Queen Elizabeth II is a monarch of Great Britain.
- The Declaration of Independence was drawn up in 1776.
- Scientist hope to send expedition to Mars during 1980s.
- Lash night there was a bird singing outside my house.
- A chair that you are sitting in is broken.
- The Civill War was fought in the United States between 1861 and 1865.
- The florida State University is smaller than University of Florida.